Award-winning serial entrepreneur Angela Spang is a UK-based innovator in medical devices.
Swedish born, Angela’s vision is to enable healthcare professionals to improve patient outcome through making surgery simpler and safer.
Over the past 25 years, Angela has worked in the life sciences sector and has gained a deep understanding of building successful businesses, managing international staff and operating in a highly regulated industry across the globe.
As a successful entrepreneur, Angela spends her time developing global strategies and often speaks and delivers workshops on leadership, sales and innovation. She is a board member and the CEO of a few carefully selected healthcare companies, and consults on market entry strategies and launch planning on a regular basis.
She was awarded the prestigious title CEO of the Year in the UK in 2021, and also received The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: INNOVATION the same year. She was appointed a Buckinghamshire Swan Envoy for her contributions in business in 2022. She has written two books: ‘Outspoken – what I never told anyone’, and ‘Diary Spang’, a collection of her most read and liked business blogs.
Her favourite expression is “Simplicity is greatness in its divine form”.
She lives with her husband and two children in Buckinghamshire, England.
Over 25 years of experience in the MedTech industry
Honors & awards:
- The Most Inspirational Woman in Business to look out for 2023
- Top 10 Most Empowering Women Leaders To Watch 2022
- World’s Most Influential Business Leaders to Follow in 2022
- HRH The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation for Galaxy II 2021
- UK CEO of the Year 2021
- Champion of Trade, UK DIT, BAB and US Embassy 2021
- Top 30 Most Caring Companies in UK 2017
- UK ENTREPRENEUR of THE YEAR First Women 2017
- BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR Award Finalist 2017
- Enterprise Europe Network GROWTH PLANNER 2017
- WINNER of SME Excellence Award 2016
- BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR Award Finalist 2016
- BEST NEW BUSINESS Award Winner 2015
- Allergan Award for Excellence 2008