“screen time is dangerous”
I think it is time we put this one to bed.
Here is a list of things that I believe gaming teaches kids:
- If you are facing new challenges and obstacles, then you’re going the right way.
- No one blames you if you have to check the map.
- Always come prepared.
- Everyone is worth talking to.
- Even if you don’t get money for something, you always get experience.
- The places that are hardest to get to always have the best rewards.
- The best way to become someones friend is to actually talk to them.
- If you want to be someones friend faster, also give them food.
- Don’t hold on to too much crap. You’ll fill up your inventory.
- Don’t be deterred if a challenge was too much for you. go back, level up, increase your skill and try again.
- You don’t learn anything if you get someone else to do it for you.
- Don’t feel like you have to plough through the main story. The best content is sometimes in the side quests.
- If you tried and failed 30 times, you probably missing something. Go back and look around.
- Never judge someone skills solely on their achievements. You don’t know how they got them.
- When you succeed after multiple failures you feel so much more accomplished.
- Take full advantage of character customization.
- Decisions rarely only affect you. Please choose wisely.