Lots of things to manage when you’re running your own little shop. Todays challenges:
- I don’t have a will. I know that is really bad, and I need to get to it. But as a business owner, anything that isn’t directly or indirectly leading to someone wanting to buy my stuff automatically goes on the Yellow List (Pink List: Today stuff. Blue list: Tomorrow stuff. Yellow list: Later stuff).
- I have to start a company in Ireland.
I have absolutely no idea how to do that. Oh, and hire someone too. AND I need to start trading on January 1 2017.
So the first one is pretty simple, right? (apparently my suggested solution to the Financial Advisor of “Not Dying” wasn’t as funny as I thought. Oh well. )
- Make list of assets
- Make a will
- Appoint power of attorney
The second one….good thing I can reach out to my Trade Advisor at UK Trade & Investment for things like this. She will know what to do (or know someone who knows).
In short, on my To Do list for this weekend are:
- Don’t die yet; make will first
- Don’t get tempted by scruffy looking simple solution on how to incorporate in Ireland; talk to some sensible people who actually know what they are doing.
And on that note: Goodnight.